Welcome to the People’s History Museum
There have always been ideas worth fighting for. Join a march through time at the People’s History Museum, following the development of democracy in Britain over two centuries.
Meet the revolutionaries, reformers, workers, voters and citizens who fought our battle for the ballot. Gather amongst their magnificent banners and discover how time off was won (and spent).
Enjoy the main galleries, Changing Exhibition Gallery and Community Gallery, along with interactives and activities for visitors of all ages. Browse the shop for unique books and gifts and round off your day with a bite to eat in the on-site cafe bar, The Left Bank.
Facts & figures:
- One of the national museums in Manchester city centre
- Displays almost 1,500 historic objects
- Displays the largest number of trade union and other banners in the world
- Allows visitors to see behind the scenes into Britain’s only Textile Conservation Studio dedicated to the preservation of banners
- Houses a unique archive containing the collections of the Labour Party, the Communist Party of Great Britain and much more
- Offers an inspiring Learning Programme for all ages, from pre-school to adult learners
- Has a dedicated Community Gallery open to individuals and groups to display their own exhibitions
- Holds an exciting programme of public events throughout the year including tours, talks and performances
- Has high quality spaces available to hire for meetings and events including the stunning Coal Store Conference Room and magnificent Engine Hall
- Has a gift shop selling a unique range of books, homeware and souvenirs based on the museum’s outstanding collections
- Houses The Left Bank cafe bar, with the sunniest riverside terrace in the city!
- Celebrates the stories of the radical thinkers whose big ideas have shaped our society, and invites you to Join the Radicals
10% off at People’s History Museum
Get 10% off at the People's History Museum's gift shop and the Left Bank Cafe with your Yellow Card.Read more