Get your costumes ready for Manchester’s favourite Halloween show!
On Sunday 27 October from 2pm – 4pm, dogs are encouraged to wear their spookiest Halloween attire to The Oast House, who will be hosting the show for the first time and awarding the following prizes live on stage, in celebration of Halloween in the City:
-Best dog and owner costume combo: £75 Spinningfields gift card
-Most original costume: £50 bar tab for The Oast House
-Spookiest pooch: pupcakes from Hey Little Cupcake!
-Most impressive dog trick (or treat): Gift from Beaumont Organic
- -Judge’s Wildcard: A trio of treats from Hounds of Harrogate
Participants will even receive an exclusive 10% off their food bill at The Oast House, allowing them to enjoy delicious dishes in the restaurant or tepee on the day, with a screening of 101 Dalmatians set to play at 12pm, prior to the event.
Please note that the dog show has a limited amount of spaces.
There is a registration fee of £5/dog. The fee will be donated to Dogs4Rescue- an independent dog rescue centre based in Manchester.
Once registered, participants will receive a pooch participant form from The Oast House, which must be filled in prior to the competition.
We encourage the participation of dogs that are accustomed to regular exercise and are well adjusted to crowds and noisy environments with people and other dogs.
Each entry must not exceed 1 dogs per handler/owner. On the day each participant/walker can have no more than 1 dog under his/her control and must be 18 years old or older to walk with a dog without adult supervision.
All dog owners are encouraged to be dressed in a matching costume to your dog. You are a star too!
Terms and conditions:
• Dogs only! No other types of animals will be allowed to enter.
• Registration is limited to 30 dogs
• 5 prizes will be awarded. Entries will be judged on costumes. Prizes will be awarded after the parade.
• All entries must be individually registered prior to the parade date. The organizer is not responsible for late or lost entries.
• Dog handlers must be 18 years old and must check in on the day of the parade.
• Any children under the age of 18 accompanying an entry must have a parent walk with them.
• No more than 1 dog per handler.
• Dogs must be vaccinated for rabies, leptospirosis & distemper and treated for fleas at least 3 weeks prior to the event.
• No aggressive animals or females that are in season are allowed to participate.
• Dogs must be on a leash less than 6 feet long at all times. No retractable leashes.
• Dogs may not be left unattended at any time.
• Dogs wearing shock collars are not permitted.
• The dog’s behaviour is the responsibility of the handler and owner. Dogs must be under control at all times. Participants/dogs will be required to leave if dog shows any signs of aggression or disruptive behaviour toward people or other animals.
• Handlers are required to clean up after their dogs with pet waste bags and dispose of waste properly.
• Owners are responsible for any damage done by their dogs at the event.
• At the discretion of the organizer, handlers and their dogs may be asked, for any reason, to leave the event.
• If a dog is stressed or overwhelmed during the parade, handlers should move off to the side for a moment and take a break.
• If a dog is nervous in large crowds or uncomfortable with loud noises, please consider leaving him/her at home.
• Use good judgement on all matters concerning the dogs!
• Judging will take place before and during the parade. Judge’s decisions will be final.
• Prizes will be awarded at the end of the parade. Prizes are to be received as offered and are not redeemable for cash.
• The organizer shall not be liable for any loss or damage or for any injury suffered by an owner, handler, general public, any other parade participant, and member of the audience or pet involved in the parade.